Help Your Relationship by Visiting our Sex Therapist in Edmonton
If you experience sexual problems, you're not alone. Sexual dysfunctions affect millions of couples worldwide. Whether you experienced problems related to desire, arousal, or orgasm, a sex therapist in Edmonton can help.
We understand that it may take courage to see a sex therapist in our Edmonton clinic. That's why our knowledgeable therapists will help you feel at ease during each therapy session.
- Premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation occurs when a man ejaculates sooner during sexual intercourse than he or his partner would like. As many as 1 out of 3 men say they experience this problem at some time. Psychological and biological factors can play a role in premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation is a common and treatable condition.
- Sexual aversion disorder. If you avoid sexual contact or experience a dramatic aversion to genital contact, you may also experience fear, anxiety, disgust, or panic when faced with sexual situations, including touching or kissing. Some persons also report feelings of nausea, fainting, or dizziness.
- Hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSD). If you or your partner has a marked decrease in desire or sexual fantasies, you may have HSD disorder. Signs of HSD include a noted lack of interest in sex, unwillingness to initiate sex, and/or slow response to a partner's advances. In many cases, this disorder occurs after stressful life experiences.
- Male erectile disorder (ED). Males who experience an inability to sustain an erection during sex may have ED. The condition may be chronic or recurrent, but any ED can cause relationship problems. In some cases, males will have difficulty obtaining an erection; in other cases, they may lose their erection during sex.
- Female sexual arousal disorder. If a woman experiences inadequate lubrication and/or lack of genital swelling, these symptoms may signal a sexual disorder. In tandem with these symptoms, most women with this type of dysfunction also feel pain during intercourse. They often avoid intercourse for this reason.
Other common sexual disorders include female or male orgasmic disorder, dyspareunia (sexual pain).
Receive Caring Counsel
Take the first step to resolving your sexual difficulties and reviving your relationship. Speak to a caring, knowledgeable sex therapist at our Edmonton office. Contact us today for more information.